Guidelines for book submissions to Instant Apostle
As a UK Christian publisher, we are looking for well-written, original book submissions that align with a Christian world view.
An important part of Instant Apostle’s vision is to offer a platform to new voices and those who can make valuable contributions to the urgent social issues of our day. Our publications cross all genres, from autobiographies and fantasy fiction, to life ministry and academic titles. Many of our books, whilst written from a Christian perspective, are appropriate for the general market.
If you think you have a story to tell or a message to share, we would be delighted to hear from you! It is free to submit a manuscript, and every submission will receive a response, even if we deem that we are not the right company to publish your book.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch and share your manuscript with us according to the following guidelines.
General book submission guidelines
Send your spell-checked book submission via email to: email@example.com
- Number each page clearly and head it with your name
- Type in a clear font, such as Calibri or Times New Roman
- 12pt font size
- 1.5 line spacing
- A single Word or PDF document – not separate documents for individual chapters
Novels, young adult and children’s story books
Please submit the following :
- The full manuscript as a single Word or PDF document
- A one-page synopsis which includes the whole story arc
- A brief covering letter with some information about yourself, explaining why you wrote the book, how it fits into the present market, your writing experience and initial thoughts on how you would seek to promote your work
- We do not take children’s picture books
Non-fiction book submissions
Please submit a book proposal including:
- The aim of the book
- The first three chapters as a single Word or PDF document
- An outline of each remaining chapter
- A covering letter explaining how the book fits into the present market, how you are qualified to write it and initial thoughts on how you would seek to promote the work
What happens next?
We aim to acknowledge all book submission emails within a week, and if you haven’t received a reply after seven working days, please check your junk folder. Should you still not have received a reply, please call Nicki on 07973 347675, so she can check whether your submission has arrived.
If accepted, we will invite you to sign a contract, and agree terms to cement the partnership between us, as writer and publisher. A cover will be professionally produced, and your book will be copy edited and other work undertaken to bring the text up to the required standard.
Marston Book Services distribute our books, and we will promote your title to the general market. Lion Sales Services will represent to Christian bookshops. Beyond this, your publication may also be sold through Koorong and Word into Australia.
Where possible, the rights for your publication will be sold to make your book available in other languages.